Monday, July 19, 2010

It Must Be Monday

Sweet Pea has woken up on the wrong side of his Pack n' Play today.  Well, he's woken up on the wrong side of his Pack n' Play several times this morning.  It seems that no amount of cuddles and kisses are doing the trick. Even his play mat isn't doing the trick -- the one with his favorite monkey -- and the same three songs that are now permanently stuck in my head when I go to bed at night.  Nope Sweet Pea has decided that this morning he's just going to be cranky.  And everyone should know it.

So now I'm wide awake.  I've given up the dream that there might be more sleep for me this morning.  Instead, I am having my Tylenol Cold and Sinus (Daytime) with a coffee chaser.  And I'm thinking that Sweet Pea and all the other babies out there have it pretty easy.  When they are cranky and fed up with the world it is socially acceptable for them to scream and yell and pitch a hissy fit.  You and me?  Not so much.

And today is a day that I wish I were able to scream and whine a little bit.  It's Monday.  I'm exhausted because Sweet Pea is STILL on this crazy sleep schedule (although, I think I've determined that this might be my fault - so I've no one to blame but myself).  And the icing on the cake is this fantastic cold that I've somehow contracted over the weekend.  The cold in and of itself is not so bad - but combine it with the lack of sleep and I'm wondering if I will ever recover.  So, yes, today I think it would be easier to be an infant.  Scream and yell -- and just be cranky - and have everyone around me think -- oh she's just little, so it's ok.

Instead, I will be getting in the shower and putting on my "big-girl" clothes and heading off to work.  I hope that Monday will take it easy on me.  Because it is going to take everything I have to smile and be nice today.

I've got loads of other blog posts floating in my head that I have not had time to actually get down on "virtual paper"... so you'll have to forgive me that I'm a little behind.  More exciting, thought provoking insights from Brooke Frances later today -- right now I'm going to try to get out on the right side of MY bed -- here's hoping I don't step on my husband in the process ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment