Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Latest Project

I've not posted in a few days, but it's not because I'm slacking off... I've actually been quite busy!  Sweet Pea is growing like a weed and is need of some new threads.  I've been busy sewing gifts for kids of friends and family, and Sweet Pea has been getting the short end of the stick.  The last few nights I've been busy sewing (and unsewing and recrafting) pants for the little guy.  I am so happy with my results.


Yeah, that's right.  I am awesome.  (It only took me about 4 more hours than it should have...)

For those of you wanting to sew a pair of kids pants, yourself... I would suggest the following book by Emma Hardy.  I've enjoyed many of the patterns.  The pants above are not in the book.  But I did use one of her girl-specific patterns and rework it so that it is boy appropriate.  I'm quite proud of myself for figuring out how to make changes and work through challenges.  I added a cuff to the bottom of the pants that can be rolled up (as seen in the photo) or unrolled to give my kiddo extra inches as he grows.  Simple stuff for all you sewing experts, but for a girl who is teaching herself.... PURE AWESOMENESS. (forgive me. i am just very excited.)  And since there are so few boy-patterns out there I am pleased that these turned out so cute!

What I like most about this pattern is the roominess in the butt.  There is plenty of room for Sweet Pea's giant cloth diaper butt.  Many other times we have to buy a size up just so they fit over his bum!  Not so much with these... there is room to grow and move!  I can't wait to make a few more pairs!!!


I think I might get started tonight.  After Glee, of course.

-bf

2 comments:

  1. I know, Howie - I know. It's sad and exciting all at the same time...how did my tiny little guy get so big so quick?

    ReplyDelete