Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Products I Love: A Must-Have for Mamas!

Life has certainly changed since Sweet Pea arrived.  Most of those changes are fantastic.  My old life seems like a distant memory - and there isn't a whole lot that I miss.  I miss finding time to run... and I know that eventually, I will find time to make time for myself again.  (To be honest - right now if I have a choice between an extra 30 minutes of sleep, or a 30 minute run -- I'm choosing sleep!)  I miss all the hours I used to have available to bake and sew... now I just need to be strategic about squeezing a little sewing or baking in here and there.  It's not enough, but it's better than not at all.

Do you want to hear what I miss most of all about my old life?  HOT COFFEE.  I don't think I've been able to sit at home and finish a cup of joe while it's still hot in close to 10 months.  And I miss it.  I miss it a lot.

Enter the MOST FABULOUS product that I have encountered in quite some time.  It's a mug.  It's a thermos.  Or, as I like to call it... it's a MUGOS!  (REI calls it the flip-top vacuum tumbler... bah!  my name is so much better!)


This fantastic contraption, sold by REI, is revolutionary!  My coffee stays hot in this thing for HOURS.  No lie.  For HOURS.  No longer is my coffee cold within a matter of minutes.  Designed like a coffee thermos - it insulates to keep the insides hot.  But the top of the flip top vacuum tumbler  (AKA mugos) allows you to drink directly from it, without having to pour your drink into another container - thus allowing your coffee to stay hot!


The little white button the the top "clicks" down - and you are able to drink directly from your "mugos".  Click the button again, and the hot beverage stays inside without leaking out.

While the product is not "perfect" - I've noticed now and again that coffee spills down my front while I am drinking... I'm not exactly sure if this is product error, or user error.  Overall, I give this product a 4.5 out of 5 stars for functionality.  I give it a 5 of 5 for "life-giving hot coffee" satisfaction.

If you, like me, are a mama that misses finishing your beverage while it is still HOT- you should RUN, not walk, to get yourself this fantastic product made by and sold at REI!  It's $24.50 -- which might seem a bit steep for a coffee thermos.  But I've not regretted my purchase for one-hot-second.  (pun intended).

Let me know if you decide to get one - or if by chance you already own one.  I'd love to hear your opinions on the product.  Or, better yet... what are the products/ gadgets that you just can't life without?

--bf

1 comment:

  1. You will also notice as Sweet Pea gets older and more mobile that the mugos is also very hard to spill the coffee out of. This has been a great added bonus in the crazy that is my house.

    ReplyDelete