Monday, January 31, 2011

I. Have. Been. Wussified.

Looks like I am working from home tomorrow - provided that they actually keep the campus open.  So far, it's business as usual, even though all the school districts have closed down due to extreme cold.  And Sweet Pea's daycare is on the same schedule as the school district -- if the schools are closed - the daycare is closed, too.

Thank You Sweet Pea!  I'll be staying warm instead of having my boogers freeze inside my nose on my way to work tomorrow. 

It's supposed to be -30 here (with windchill) tomorrow.  Thinking of the colder temps reminds me of my childhood and college days when this weather would be considered "balmy" by Wisconsin winter standards.  Heck in this temp back home, we'd be out building snowmen and snow forts.  All bundled up and excited to hit the sledding hills: the colder the snow -- the faster you go!

I seem to also remember many a cold, cold winter night when my college roomies and I would not only head out to the local bars - we'd head out WALKING without a coat - because we didn't want to carry our coats along with us (or have them smell like smoke -- back in the day before smoke-free public places.)

And now - here I am in Colorado - thanking my lucky stars that I don't have to freeze my face off tomorrow in -30 weather.  It might be safe to say that I have been wussified by the Colorado climate.  It also might be safe to say that -30 is damn cold - no matter where you live.

-bf

No comments:

Post a Comment